- Everyone writes down 5 ideas on seperate pieces of paper.
- Choose a person to start. They will lay down one of their ideas for everyone to see.
- The second person has a choice: they can either lay down one of their cards face up next to the existing card, or face down underneath the existing idea to vote for it.
- Each person after that has the same choice. Each idea can either have a chance of being selected or be used to vote for the idea you want to win.
- The decision is made when everyone has used their cards. The winning idea is the one with the most votes.
- Don’t worry if you write down the same idea as another person. If they place that card face up, you can use your card just face down, for voting.
- You can play with any number of ideas per person. Between 3 and 10 is ideal.
- This game can be a ot of fun and forces you to make tough decisions which can reveal what’s important. It’s not good for nuanced issues or issues whaer you might want to combine ideas.
- This technique was invented by Mindiply, let us know what you think!
You’ve just done a brainstorming session about what to call a new product your company is developing. Everyone has come up with lots of options and you want to find the one with the most support.